About Mike Boyd
I have spent the best part of the last 15 years trying to get over the thrill of building businesses, yet I still jump out of bed 7 days a week to do what I love.
From startup, to growth-stage and ultimately a well positioned exit or IPO, I’m interested in every stage of the business cycle.
I stay creative by building, consulting to and investing in various businesses and love nothing more than negotiating a great win-win deal.
I believe that entrepreneurship is the most effective path to changing the world so I give back by applying my time and skills to worthy not-for-profit organisations and charities.
Since mid-2012 I’ve lead the great company VroomVroomVroom as CEO.
Vroom compares and books car rental online at destinations all over the world. We’ve recently grown the team to 60+ people across 12 countries.
VroomVroomVroom is a tightly held private company. Our HQ is in Brisbane, Australia with regional operations based out of Singapore, Hong Kong, the UK, USA and Philippines.
I wear “three hats” at Vroom: Shareholder, Managing Director and CEO.
Work with me?
- Are you an ideal employee, partner or supplier for VroomVroomVroom?
- Do you have a proven startup that needs growth funding or guidance?
- Do you need a speaker for your business, leadership or travel function?
- Would you like to do a deal? I love deals.
- Are you actively changing the world? Doing something new? Crazy even? Drop me a line.
- My team affectionately refers to me as a coffee snob.
- I’m a frequent flyer and an aviation buff.
- I value education 100x more than entertainment.
- I consume 30 – 40 non-fiction business books and biographies each year.
- A nice bottle of red wine solves most challenges & celebrates all wins.